Sonntag, 18. November 2018

[Review] COLD DEAD HANDS - How long would you last?


Author: Jeff Strand
Genre: Thriller
Pages: 73
Available on: Amazon
ASIN: 
B07KFYZWH1
Price: 0,99 € (eBook)

Publisher: Books on Demand
Release date: 12.11.2018





Content:


A vicious attack on a grocery store has turned into a hostage situation. But things are much worse for the ten people hiding in the walk-in freezer...

Rays opinion:


This is my first review of a(n) (e)book in English, so please bear with me. I'm as nervous as I'm excited, because this is one by Jeff Strand. A few years ago when I was an angsty teenager with a lot of free time on his hands, I went to a book store and looked at everything the THRILLER section had to offer. There were loads of uninspiring covers and titles, but there it was: Single White Psychopath Seeks Same. I just knew I had to buy it. Did it speak to me on a personal level? Dunno, but lets focus on the more important aspect: the book I'm trying to review here.

"In the unlikely event that he was a junkie, and he went berserk as junkies sometimes did when a freezer door separated them from their precious drugs, Barry was confident that they could subdue him with very little effort."

Finally owning an eReader feels great and being able to choose from Mr. Strands huge catalogue feels even better. As soon as I heard that a new book is coming out, I knew I had to review it.

The story follows a group of people hidden inside a walk-in freezer of a grocery store, as a couple of maniacs started attacking the customers of said grocery store. They all try to keep their cool (pardon the pun), as they fear what hides behind the door. The 73-page story does not leave a lot of space for proper character introductions and detailed backstories, but that's not a negative point at all. 

Even though it was definitely a quick read, I had tons of fun with it. It's a fast paced, nerve-grinding thriller, filled to the brim with downright cynical humour. I never imagined that a massacre gone wrong could be this amusing. All jokes aside, the further the story progresses, the more threatening the whole situation gets and I felt that. The victims and the kidnappers kept each other updated via ... Twitter! #IAmAHostage #U4Real. I noticed a bit of social criticism lingering between the lines. 

The biggest surprise was, when the attackers reveal their motive for attacking the grocery store. It was supposed to be a political statement, basically to own the libtards, epic style. Ben Shapiro would be proud. 

Conclusion:


All in all, COLD DEAD HANDS is a short, but absolutely fantastic story. While it is all fun, gore and thrill, it actually (and secretly) revolves around a serious political topic, which affects all Americans and has divided the country. For only $ 0,99 an absolute no-brainer. #buythis #libtardscantoutlawfreezers #planB

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen